Thursday, September 29, 2011

I have had a business in Maple Ridge now for some years. I have a baby store but my specialty is education and keeping families healthy.
I have over the last little while being doing an informal survey of those who take my classes, walk in the store and attend my baby groups.
My question? What do you know about smart meters and what do you think? I have found some interesting information.
Among those in my age group 40 to 65 years, they do have some knowledge and have been unanimously against smart meters with stories
of contemporaries or relatives who were convinced health problems and brain tumours had come as a result of radiofrequency radiation. (Specifically
those who have worked in the industry).
Among my clients who are new parents they generally speaking know very little in any respect. Even some clients who work for BC Hydro will
Start by giving the usual jargon and company line. But when I ask them if they agree with what I have learned, even they agree and are against smart meters.
So here is what I have learned and I encourage all of you to do the same.

1) BC Hydro seems to think we live in a dictatorship instead of a democracy. They have decided to spend the taxpayers $930 million dollars on smart
meters whether we like it or not.
2) Financially the only gain will be the company that sells smart meters, after all BC Hydro has started lay offs in this province and there is plenty more
coming. Well I would like them to keep BC jobs with that $930 mil and stop laying off BC Workers!
3) Thousands of people, Dr’s engineers, scientists and organizations ALL OVER THE PLANET are concerned about our health. Sure we can’t run out
and throw out all of our computers, cell phones and all. But what’s in it for the average joe to have a smart meter? Nothing. And the frequency
increase with a smart meter is a chance I am not willing to take. I don’t have stock in the company that makes smart meters, maybe you do.
4) BC Hydro and anyone else for that matter will know when you get up to go pee in the night and take a look in the fridge. The out and out invasion of
privacy is astounding.
So this is my plea then, fellow citizens. Stand up and be counted, have your say and don’t feel powerless. I have sent my registered letter to BC Hydro
This morning and I urge you to do the same. When thousands of registered letters show up we WILL be heard. INFORMATION SESSION AT THE BIRTHPLACE SEPT 30 NOON

No comments:

Post a Comment